Recently this has happened with some frequency. Don’t know why, maybe the day to day responsibilities take over my creativity and I feel empty.
Panic mode overcame the first time this happened. But then I began taking notes of the ideas as they came to me, and it worked.
So a collection of journals, sketching pads and notebooks became part of my day to day routine and my home and working space. I even have a small notebook in my purse, so If any idea appears, there is no reason for me not to remember.
I get so many compliments each time the little notebook comes out of my purse, that I began making them for friends and family, not long after that other people were asking for them.
Here are some examples:
They are really easy to make and something I want to share with you!
• Patterned paper
• Solid color paper or cardstock
• Notebook 3 ¾ in. x 4 ½ in.
• Double sided tape
• Decorations: ribbons, jewels, digital stamp
1. Cut two pieces 3 ¾ in. x 5 ½ in. for the outside of your notebook, patterned paper ( A pieces)
2. Cut a piece 1 ¼ in. x 4 ½ in. for the spine, solid color paper or cardstock (B piece).
3. Cut two pieces 3 in. x 4 ¼ in. for the inside cover, solid color paper or cardstock (C pieces).
4. Score A pieces ½ inch from the borders on three sides of the paper, don’t touch one of the 5 ½ in. side. Fold the scores using a bone folder.
5. Trim the corners as shown in next photo.
6. Add heavy duty double sided tape to both A pieces.
11. Add double sided tape to C pieces and attach to inside of covers. This will give a nice finishing touch.
12. Now you are ready to decorate the notebook.
13. I used a digi stamp from: http://papergardenprojects.com/store/, the name is Coneflowers and it’s a freebie. Used coloring pencils to put the finishing touches to this design.